Skip to main content

The Robert Curtis Wilson Collection at Buffalo State

The Robert Wilson Painting Collection at Buffalo State was founded by Marilyn Wilson. At his bequest, Robert wished that a small portion of his regional works from the Western New York area, be donated to Buffalo State, where he taught from 1963 through 1986. After his death, in 1996, she began the process of selecting and donating the works that now comprises a collection of thirty-six  landscapes and abstract works, located in buildings around the campus. In 2013, The Robert and Marilyn Wilson Advanced Painting Studio in Upton Hall was established. This gift houses a newly refurbished studio space, equipment, and a yearly scholarship to a student excelling in The Fine Arts Painting program.

Marilyn Wilson, a Bachelor's and Master's in Education graduate (’71, '84) of Buffalo State, and their daughter Andrea, a graphic Illustrator, continue to play an active role in the lives and professional goals of Buffalo State students and the Fine Arts Program. They remain committed to the life-long process of giving back to the community of Buffalo State College and the memory of Robert Curtis Wilson.

Loading

Back to Top

Art and Design Department

1300 Elmwood Ave  •  Upton Hall 402 •  Buffalo, NY 14222
Phone: (716) 878-6032 •  Fax: (716) 878-4231   artdesign@buffalostate.edu